Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Another seal gets a certificate of residence (住民票)


A town in Saitama, Japan issued a Certificate of Residence (COR) to a seal that has found its way into a river and is living there.

I find this offensive, because as a tax-paying, volunteering, child-raising upstanding resident of my town, I will not be issued a COR because I am a foreigner.

That just about makes me more angry than I have been in a very long time. This cretinous government can't be trusted to make ethical decisions about any human rights issue. Remember that next time you consider doing business with any Japanese entity.

http://www.fnn-news.com/news/headlines/articles/CONN00209724.html

埼玉・志木市の荒川に現れたアザラシの「あらちゃん」に市が特別住民票交付:埼玉・志木市の荒川に現れ、話題となっているアザラシの「あらちゃん」

This isn't the first time someone has done this, and for any variety of animals. And this isn't the most egregious offense of late. The documents they issued to the UN about human rights in Japan is worthless, and doesn't even cover the issues that most interest the UN, like child abductions or discrimination laws.
This link is to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Human Rights Commitments and Pledges

No comments: