Friday, March 13, 2009

Fire teachers: Los Al schools take $4 million hit

This link came up when I did a search for "Japanese teacher," so I was doubly interested as this was from Seal Beach, one of my favorite places in the US.

I do not understand the logic behind this can-teachers mentality. No wonder people send their kids to private schools. They know what they are getting. Doesn't the school district have some kind of social contract with the community to deliver a service? Fire the teachers across the board to save money. I get it, education isn't that important in hard times. They'll use language like "no sacred cows" when the only people who are losing out are the kids whose parents can't afford private schools.

Sure wish I were there, I'd open up some free Japanese classes for the kids who lost their teachers.
Seal Beach Daily � Blog Archive � Los Al schools take $4 million hit

No comments: