Friday, September 01, 2006

The pears are ripe

It is pear season! Remember, I blogged about pears in individual bags? Well now the pears are out, getting a little sun before they are picked. The pear orchards that I ride through from time to time are active with the individual owners boxing up their harvest, or selling them at stands along the narrow roads between the rows of trees.

As I ride through, I have recently begun to hear the recordings of various animal voices in distress. My guess is that the farmers play amplified versions of these distress calls to ward off unwelcomed crows, monkeys, and the sort. It is a bit unnerving, even for a human. These sounds are not relaxing at all, and they come as a surprise, even though I know they are there.

ripepears
Originally uploaded by Yokkaichi 1.

No comments: