Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Syllabi for academic year 2007-08

Spent the day today writing syllabi for academic year 2007-08. I'll be teaching mostly classes that I've never had before, one seminar class, where I'll be doing a series of workshops on Japanese and American culture and values, and another where we will be doing a series of workshops on Peace and world culture. Neither of these classes are directly related to English learning, so it means lots of preparation in Japanese.

My other other classes will all be English classes, but I have a new one that I'll be doing at the English Support Lounge. This may be highly political, as I will be trying to open it up to the whole university rather than just this department. The politics of trying to do anything inter-departmentally here is ridiculous.

No comments: