Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Yeah, yeah. I know it has been a while

I got rid of my home connection and now only blog from work. The internet became just another thing to argue about with my son. His grades are poor and he was in need of some attitude adjustment, so I just cut it off, along with the TV, comic books (went and sold the ones I could and threw the rest in the recycle bin). We never had a TV game of any kind any way. His entertainment now is a weekly movie that we all watch together and books that he can buy with his own money. He has read everything in the house twice over. Not a problem as far as I'm concerned.

This also means that I have no more TV, no more access to the web at home, and I have to come into work to work. I mean that I can't do much stuff without the computer at home. To tell you the truth, though, I haven't really missed it. We talk more. I read more, and we have less conflict over what is allowed and what isn't.

No comments: