Monday, September 27, 2004

Taipei Times - US soldier enshrined at Hiroshima memorial

Update on the this post:
I found an article in a Japanese newspaper, The Chugoku Shinbun. The article, dated January 5, 2004, says that John Long's nephew's oldest son, Nathan Long, submitted a photo to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum.

Wonder why NHK reported this as news?
-----------------------------------------
I looked up this story today on the Internet, because it had been reported on NHK radio this morning as I drove to work. I was interested to see what had been written about this in other places.

This story is far more complex and emotionally packed than I imagined from the NHK radio story.

Another question is why is this story from Taipei dated February, but the NHK story this morning reported it like it was something new.
US Soldier Enshrined

No comments: