Friday, September 17, 2004

Back in the saddle

After a couple of weeks in the US, I am back at my post and am posting. I took the family back to visit with family in the US. It was great to be back with my people, but I shunned all contact with the outside world. My brother's TV is not worth watching anyway, so that was easy. He is not connected at home, so I did not have access to the Internet to update this blog. Thus the silence.

I like those silences sometimes. I really enjoy the feeling I have after camping or visiting a temple for several days. I have no idea what is happening in the world, and feel a little freer. I was happy to have that feeling after I returned. Guess there was an earthquake here, and a typhoon came through when we were gone. Glad I didn't know about it. I would just have worried.

Nice to be back with a new semester coming up. But that's for another post.

No comments: