Monday, July 26, 2004

Exams Today

Today is exam day for the Basic English courses that we teach in our faculty. We are required to give a unified exam for all of the students. It is a first-year class that is leveled, so even though the classes and students are quite different, we are required to give all of the students the same exam. The only up side to this system is that we can grade it, or not, as we see fit, so each class can get the kind of treatment it deserves.

I have speaking exams tomorrow, some grading afterward, and then we're done. Hard to believe. It went so fast.

At the end of the semester, I'm always happy, and sometimes I feel guilty about it. I spoke to my father, who was also a college prof, about that one time. He said that he felt that if he were happy when classes started up again, that feeling glad when they were over was also alright. Couldn't agree more.

No comments: