Friday, June 04, 2004

TOEIC Bridge class

Yesterday was my day for the Basic Skills class. I think I've blogged about it before, but I don't remember when. Anyway it is a series of ten classes that students can take. There are three subjects that they can choose from, English, Math, and Japanese. My class started off with ten students. We are down to three. Two of them will take the TOEIC Bridge, or the TOEIC test the next time it comes around, which will be at the beginning of July.

Yesterday we worked on the reading section of the practice test. After it was over I asked the students what they would like to focus on, they said that they need more of the listening section.

We'll do more, but I don't think test preparation is a replacement for language skills development, so I have to think of something that will serve both purposes.

No comments: