Thursday, May 22, 2003

In putting together a workshop on reflective development for the Yokkaichi Teachers' Initiative, a teacher development program Andy Mellor and I do at Yokkaichi U., I have run across some more great titles from Jossey-Bass on reflective teaching and action research. They do a great job of putting together collections of books on adult learning, teacher development, critical thinking, and education theory in general.

Today I've been looking at two books, Stephen D. Brookfield's, Becoming a Critically Reflective Teacher, and Peter Jarvis's, The Practitioner-Researcher: Developing Theory from Practice. I'll end up using more quotes from Brookfield, because Jarvis centers more on action research. I won't spend too much time on that, because we only have one day to focus on the reflective development issue. There is so much fun to be had with all the ideas represented here.

No comments: